Skip to main content

It's Okay To Drown Your Baby When...



"It's okay to drown my baby if..."
It is impossible for me to finish this sentence. 

In an earlier post (Pro-Choice/Life/People), I opened my heart up to you and came out as pro-life for the first time. Whatever your views, I hope you'll read Part 1 first, especially if you have abortion in your past. 

I value clarity over agreement, so my only hope in writing these posts is that you will come to understand why my heart is so completely broken over this:

Before our modern medical equipment can even detect a heartbeat, I believe that little baby has a soul and is just as much a person as my 7 week old baby who's in my arms as I write this.

Because I believe this to be true, I was devastated when we lost our baby Hadassah when I was just 6 week pregnant... 

And because I believe this to be true, I understand abortion to be taking a life.  I understand abortion to be murder.

Because I believe it to be murder, legal abortion is the same to me as saying that in extenuating circumstances it would be okay to drown my baby. 

In my heart, there is no difference.

The article that prompted my last post on abortion said it better than I can, but perhaps with a harsher tone than I would care to take: 


"Saying abortion is desirable in certain circumstances is akin to saying child abuse is at times acceptable. It makes absolutely no sense. You can’t admit that a fetus is a human being–and therefore abortion is murder–and then say that the murder of that fetus is justifiable based on who her father is or because she might have a disability. To do so is discrimination.

"Equally discriminating is to say that a child should die because her life is a threat to her mother’s health. Any woman who sacrificed her child to save herself, whether for her physical health or financial health, would be charged with homicide or sent to a psychiatric hospital."


Because I feel so absolutely about this, it's difficult for me to wrap my mind around why one is a punishable crime and the other is advocated for by our President.

I know some will misunderstand me and accuse me of hating my own sex, as some already have.

But this has nothing to do with hate and everything to do with love.

I love people.

And I see that little fertilized egg as a human, as a person. 

I think our Declaration of Independence agrees that all people, regardless of race, ethnicity, religious orientation, gender orientation, sexual orientation, height, weight, or AGE, should have basic human rights and freedoms, including LIFE. 

The way I see things, babies are being denied this "unalienable right" by the very government that is supposed to protect them. 

Do you see why my heart is so broken? 

Don't hate me for loving life.


If you believe as I do, that life begins when an egg is fertilized, you may want to watch this video, and educate your teenagers, who are old enough to make their own mistakes and may not ask you for help since their health class has already taught them what they "should" do: How "The Pill" Acts As An Abortifacient 



If you need any help, please call:



Other interesting links:
"180" Movie:




How does "The Pill" work as an abortifacient?