Skip to main content

The "D" Word


I've been in a funk for a few months.
I call it a "funk" because I don't like to use the "D" word.
Admitting that I've been "depressed" feels like a heavy, ill-fitting label.

I try to make myself better.
I try to distract myself with things that might take the edge off - friends, church, my favorite novels, my husband.

But my friends have disappointed me.
Attempts at church have been a disaster.
My novels eventually come to an end.
My husband can't be everything I need him to be.

Nothing can fully satisfy this missing piece in my soul because I know it's a God-shaped hole.
No other puzzle piece will fit quite right.
But I can't seem to locate this missing piece yet. 

Until then, I will have faith.
"If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me." -Jeremiah 29:13