Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The Plan: feeding children with liquid nitrogen

WE'VE MOVED!
Please visit us at our new home:



Yesterday I stumbled across a forgotten blog post my husband Eric had written back in November 2012 (read it HERE) and I realized how far we've come....

Though it often makes my security gland spasm, Eric has always had that entrepreneurial spirit in him.
I married him with full knowledge of it... 
But secretly hoped he'd find a happy office job somewhere and be content forever there.

Confession: 
I have a celebrity crush on Gerard Butler
I mean, can you blame me?
He also reminds me of my sexy husband Eric.
That's right, ladies. Be jealous.

So, I trusted my sexy husband Eric to go rent a DVD for us and he came back with a Gerard Butler movie I'd never heard of called Machine Gun Preacher

It sounded depressing. 


I had no idea this movie would change our lives.

The message of the movie weighed heavily on Eric's heart and he wrote a blog post called Children Are Starving To Death (read it HERE).

Then he wrote another blog post called A Religion That God Finds Pure (read it HERE).

I thought maybe we'd just sponsor an additional child at Children Of The Promise, or something. 

But God had laid something much bigger on Eric's heart.

He came home from a walk one day and hit me with his plan. You can read all about this plan in his third blog post called What I'm Tithing For Starving Children (read it HERE), but here's the gist: 

"I'm going to start and Ice Cream Cart business. 
I'm going to pour my heart into growing it, making it profitable, making it a success that can grow past me, but not for me.

"I don't just want to feed 5 kids, because I could do that on my own.
No, I want to feed 5,000 this month and 10,000 next month. 
I want to help parents feed their kids so they can stay together, so they can feed themselves long after the "help" is gone.

"While I want to keep the best for myself, that's not the kind of man God has called me to be.
I trust my God and am willing to listen to Him, to put my money where my mouth is, so to speak.
So that's exactly what I'm going to do." 


So that's just what he did.

But he didn't just open any old Ice Cream Cart

My sexy husband Eric opened Mix 'N' Match Creamery, making ice cream with Liquid Nitrogen right in front of you, in the time it takes to make a latte. 

It's a delicious science experiment that's amazing to watch. 

In fact, it's so amazing that we've been invited to be one of the Portland foodcarts featured on a new Reality Show called Cart And Soul. 

"Like" their page Facebook.com/CartAndSoul, to find out where they'll be filming and when you can expect to see my sexy husband Eric on TV.

Next time you're in Portland, you'll want to experience Mix 'N' Match Creamery's liquid nitrogen ice cream for yourself. 


Mix 'N' Match Creamery is currently located in Downtown Portland, Oregon at SW 3rd & Ash across from Voodoo Doughnuts.

"Like" us at Facebook.com/MixNMatchCreamery to stay in the loop.




How can you help?

Donate to Samaritan's Purse
Sponsor a child at Children Of The Promise
Purchase from Trades Of Hope

"Do what you can with what you have where you are" 
-Theodore Roosevelt