Skip to main content

Karma Sucks




I deserve death.
I deserve to suffer.
So do you.
Even my children do.

I make choices every day, knowingly and in ignorance, that I dig my grave deeper. 

If Karma were real, I would be so screwed. 
So would we all!

But you and I don't just deserve death because of our actions. 
We deserve death because we were born fallen creatures, rebelling against God with every breath and fiber of our being.

We deserve to be punished because we've turned away from God.
We deserve death because we're sinners.

Thankfully, Karma isn't actually a thing.

Sure, we have to put up with consequences from our actions, but it's not a "what goes around, comes around" thing. 

Knowing that people would turn against Him, God had already planned for Another to take our deserved punishment so that we wouldn't have to endure it. 
That's mercy: Holding back something bad that should be coming your way.

Christ took my punishment in my place. 
And He took yours.

But He didn't stop there.

Christ didn't just take the punishment that was meant for us and say, "now good luck with the rest of your life."
He also gave us grace: Giving us something good that we have not earned. 

Thank God Karma isn't real. 
Instead of waiting for the other shoe to drop, I get to rest in the experience of God's mercy and grace.


It's because Christ died, defeated death, and rose again, that I get to live a life free from the fear of Karma, knowing that I'll never be able to do anything to repay Him for His sacrifice.

Need reminding in gospel fluency?
LISTEN:

"God is gracious, so I don't have to prove myself.
God is glorious, so I don't have to fear others.
God is great, so I don't have to be in control.
God is good, so I don't have to look elsewhere."