Skip to main content

I Punched Fear In The Face. You Can, Too



I answered a call to "adventure" from Jon Acuff, along with 2,500 others. 

We were invited into a 24 day experience: The Start Experiment 
#STARTexp to "PUNCH FEAR IN THE FACE!"
(scroll down to sign up for STARTexp Round 2)

What happened next was pretty incredible...

We formed a community #STARTexp
Relationships formed. 
Friendships formed.
Even romance formed! (shout out to #STARTsingles!)

We were to choose a "risk," a goal to accomplish during the 24 days of #STARTexp. 

The risk I chose was to come up with an idea for an ebook, write it, and publish it within the 24 days.

As of tonight, with one day to spare, by God's grace, I accomplished my risk (which you can purchase HERE).




Here are some things I learned during #STARTexp:


  • No Excuses. 3 kids + 2 businesses + 1 marriage = CHAOS! But, by God's grace, I accomplished my goal.
  • Fear fears community. I don't think my real life friends were able to fully comprehend what a huge deal this was to me. But the other STARTers? They got it. They were in it with me for every high and every low.
  • The devil wants to steal, kill, and destroy. Doubt would creep in. What felt like two of the toughest days of our marriage happened. Whenever I was exhausted from helping with our liquid nitrogen ice cream business, or the house was neglected, or the kids were hungry again, I'd think about quitting START. But my husband, the #STARTexp community, and Jon Acuff's emails kept me going. 
  • #HatersGonnaHate. The same day I experienced the most encouragement, excitement, and confidence, was the same day I experienced the harshest criticism. In spite of myself, I allowed myself to feel deeply offended... until God spoke to me using the words of the great prophet Jon Acuff: #HatersGonnaHate
  • I can do this thing. I wrote a freakin' book, you guys! 


Scroll to the bottom for links to ALL the other blogs about what other folks learned from #STARTexp!